U20 English Courses in London
Our English school in England's capital offers both standard and intensive English courses. Classes take place Monday to Friday in both mornings and afternoons. You can choose between 4 (Standard Course) and 6 lessons (Intensive Course) per day, during which students are encouraged and given the support needed to express themselves confidently and communicate freely in English. We try to imbue students with the idea that mistakes are nothing to be ashamed of, and are an essential part of the learning process. Therefore, students are encouraged to take part in discussions and to remember: Practice makes perfect!
Our English lessons are taught by dedicated and motivated teachers with plenty of enthusiasm for teaching English to teenagers. They structure their classes based around developing grammar, reading, writing, listening, vocabulary and most importantly, conversation. We believe constant practice in speaking a language leads to confidence and increased fluency, as well as helping to commit new information to memory. The lessons include practice through communicative tasks, project work and intercultural activities, according to the needs of individuals and groups. All classes develop and extend knowledge of grammar and vocabulary and improve communicative skills.
Attending our school at 14 and 17 years of age
Please note that any students aged 16 to 17 will be required to provide a confirmation from the parents; stating that parents are aware that their children are attending a school with adults aged 18+ and that their children's activities will not always be supervised. They will also receive a separate induction to explain any legal / safeguarding issues relating to people aged under 18 and also be expected to report to our welfare officer regularly. Please see our safeguarding policy and further safeguarding information here.
In addition to your language course, accommodation is a particularly important aspect to consider when planning your stay in London. You need a place in which to relax and reflect on what you have learned and experienced, and where you can share your thoughts with your friends. We’ve got just the place!
In London you can stay in selected homestay accommodation or in our college accommodation.
If you opt for the homestay option, you'll share a bedroom with another student of your age. By staying in a homestay, you'll have the opportunity to experience everyday life in a London household. You will receive breakfast and dinner at the homestay accommodation, and you will get a packed lunch which you can take to the language school and on trips.
In our college accommodation, you'll share the room with multiple students of your age. You'll make friends quickly and you'll always have people around you who you can practice speaking English with. College accommodation also comes with full board, including a packed lunch.
- Language course: Standard or Intensive Course
- Groups of 12-15 students
- Educational material provided for use
- End-of-course certificate
- Full-board or Half-board accommodation
- Supervision by trained group leaders
- Return airport transfers
- Accompanied tours: Our programme of activities provides two half-day excursions and one full-day excursion
- The hosts treat the student as a full member of the household, eating together and sharing the common living areas: no more than four students will be accommodated in homestay accommodation at any one time.
- Homestays are either walking distance or a short bus ride away. Please note you will need to buy an Oyster card (16+) or a child travelcard whit a photo (under 16) to get around London. A member of staff will help you buy an Oyster or travel card at the airport on arrival. If you are under 16 please make sure you bring a passport sized photo with you.
- When you are booking a flight, please note that we can only arrange the airport transfer from London Heathrow.
- Your arrival in London has to be between 8am and 8pm.
- Remember that the arrival in London is on Sunday and the departure is on Saturday.
7th January - 22nd February 2019
25th March - 26th April 2019
10th June - 6th September 2019
30th September - 25th October 2019