Youth Programme – Junior language courses in London
The pace in London feels a little faster than most other cities. This large, international city on the Thames never stops to take a break. In London, visitors get the chance to see today what will be modern in the rest of the world tomorrow. Explore this enchanting capital city with its mix of history and modernity, tons of attractions, hundreds of cultures and an incredible variety of people, hidden cultures and scenes, and all the charm and glory of London during an English course for young people.
Our U20 Programme is suitable for any students between the ages of 14-17 years old, who would like to attend English lessons and enjoy a variety of activities in London.
London is the place to go. Its city center is a maze of scents, sounds, and languages from every corner of the globe. There are numerous world renowned sights to explore, such as Big Ben, Trafalgar Square, Buckingham Palace, the Houses of Parliament, Tower Bridge and the Tower of London, to name but a few! A simple stroll through this bustling city will energize and inspire you to continue learning English.
The capital of England and the United Kingdom, London displays enormous diversity in both its people and attractions. There are also a variety of events and activities organised by us to help you discover London and relax during your stay.
U20 English Courses in London
Our English school in England's capital offers both standard and intensive English courses. Classes take place Monday to Friday in both mornings and afternoons. You can choose between 4 (Standard Course) and 6 lessons (Intensive Course) per day, during which students are encouraged and given the support needed to express themselves confidently and communicate freely in English. We try to imbue students with the idea that mistakes are nothing to be ashamed of, and are an essential part of the learning process. Therefore, students are encouraged to take part in discussions and to remember: Practice makes perfect!
Our English lessons are taught by dedicated and motivated teachers with plenty of enthusiasm for teaching English to teenagers. They structure their classes based around developing grammar, reading, writing, listening, vocabulary and most importantly, conversation. We believe constant practice in speaking a language leads to confidence and increased fluency, as well as helping to commit new information to memory. The lessons include practice through communicative tasks, project work and intercultural activities, according to the needs of individuals and groups. All classes develop and extend knowledge of grammar and vocabulary and improve communicative skills.
Attending our school at 14 and 17 years of age
Please note that any students aged 16 to 17 will be required to provide a confirmation from the parents; stating that parents are aware that their children are attending a school with adults aged 18+ and that their children's activities will not always be supervised. They will also receive a separate induction to explain any legal / safeguarding issues relating to people aged under 18 and also be expected to report to our welfare officer regularly. Please see our safeguarding policy and further safeguarding information here.
In addition to your language course, accommodation is a particularly important aspect to consider when planning your stay in London. You need a place in which to relax and reflect on what you have learned and experienced, and where you can share your thoughts with your friends. We’ve got just the place!
You will share a bedroom with another student of your age and you will have the opportunity to experience everyday life in a London household. You will receive breakfast and dinner at the homestay accommodation, and you will get a packed lunch which you can take to the language school and on trips.
- Language course: Standard or Intensive Course
- Groups of 12-15 students
- Educational material provided for use
- End-of-course certificate
- Full-board or Half-board accommodation
- Supervision by trained group leaders
- Return airport transfers
- Accompanied tours: Our programme of activities provides two half-day excursions and one full-day excursion
- The hosts treat the student as a full member of the household, eating together and sharing the common living areas: no more than four students will be accommodated in homestay accommodation at any one time.
- Homestays are either walking distance or a short bus ride away. Please note you will need to buy an Oyster card (16+) or a child travelcard whit a photo (under 16) to get around London. A member of staff will help you buy an Oyster or travel card at the airport on arrival. If you are under 16 please make sure you bring a passport sized photo with you.
- When you are booking a flight, please note that we can only arrange the airport transfer from London Heathrow.
- Your arrival in London has to be between 8am and 8pm.
- Remember that the arrival in London is on Sunday and the departure is on Saturday.
7th January - 22nd February 2019
25th March - 26th April 2019
10th June - 6th September 2019
30th September - 25th October 2019
Enjoy the opportunity of a lifetime in London as you embark on an unforgettable language and travel experience. With Sprachcaffe, you have the chance to explore the awesome city of London while embracing the English language and making friendships that will last a lifetime. From the buzz of the London streets to the awesome atmosphere that surrounds you in the presence of countless historic and grand buildings, you will be amazed by the adventures that await in the UK.
All activities are supervised. Any unsupervised time will be risk assessed by our teamers and curfews are in place for all our accommodation options for students aged under 18.
The leisure programme below is provisional and may change according to activities taking place in London, weather conditions and number of students. Students will be kept updated on a weekly basis.
A Typical Edward's Activity Calendar:
When your lessons are over for the day, don't forget to check out the activities scheduled: whether visiting the sights of your host country, watching a movie or enjoying a party - you are always practising your language skills!
Evening activities will end at 9:30pm to enable students to return to their host families by the curfew of 10:00pm. All students will have an assigned teamer, who will liaise between the students, the host families and the school to ensure the students' safety at all times. Please note, the curfew applies to free evenings as well as those with organized activities.
We sometimes organise activities or excursions during free time. These can be free of charge (for example excursions to Greenwich or Hampton Court) or have a cost (musical, theatre shows, up to £40).
Prices and Booking for your Language Trip to London
Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime as you explore the awesome city of London, while learning English at the same time. Let your dreams of learning English inspire you to embrace a language and travel experience like no other. Embrace the freedom and independence that every young adult craves while enjoying the comfort of a safe and supervised experience in London.
Sprachcaffe's school in London take caring for our young students very seriously. We carefully select our teamers who guide and watch over their students.
Our trained and friendly teamers offer students in their care individual attention as each teamer is responsible for a maximum of 15 students. Teamers are 21 years old or older, have excellent English-speaking skills and are trained in areas like supervision, entertainment, problem-solving, First Aid and teamwork.
We choose our teamers not only for their experience and qualifications, but also their personality, creativity, initiative and sense of responsibility. Prior to the start of the U20 program all teamers go through training seminars held over 2-4 days. The candidates are continuously observed throughout the seminar and later in their practical work in the school.
Know your teamers
- T-Shirts: Our teamers always wear Sprachcaffe Teamer t-shirts and are therefore easily recognisable.
- Dealing with Problems: The teamers are responsible for their students' well-being. They seek to deal with all problems or questions quickly and efficiently.
- Language: Although most of our teamers are not native English speakers, they speak English at all times, both with students and with each other. This helps to promote the use of the language among students and to improve our students' English speaking skills. As our teamers come from many different countries, however, most students will be able to find at least one teamer that can speak his/her language in an emergency.